Corned beef has always been our go-to alternative when we’re too lazy to cook dinner or when we’re just looking for a quick bite. It may not be the most delicious food out there, but it does the job in satiating our sudden pangs of hunger. But all that has changed when we discovered Highlands Gold Corned Beef.
Highlands Gold Corned Beef puts the luxurious taste of steak and Angus beef in a can. It’s quite affordable, too. A 320-gram can is priced at Php 150.00 (SRP), and you can prepare multiple dishes with all its meaty contents.
When you’re not in the mood to cook, you can just eat it right out of the can. Simply serve it with some steamed rice and that makes for a very satisfying dinner already. Trust me; I’ve done it a couple of times. 🙂
Highlands Gold Corned Beef and Cheese Omelet
If you’re game to do some cooking, then go ahead and try my easy recipe for Highlands Gold Corned Beef and Cheese Omelet. It only takes 10-15 minutes to prepare, but it’s so filling that it would keep you full for hours.
- 1/2 can Highlands Gold Corned Beef
- 3 pieces whole eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices quick-melt cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Open a can of Highlands Gold Corned Beef. Scoop out half of the content into a bowl and leave the rest for later use.
- Crack 3 whole eggs in a bowl and whisk it up using a fork. Add the corned beef, mix well, and then set aside.
- Heat up your non-stick pan on the stove and drop the butter in.
- Pour the egg mixture onto the pan, season with salt and pepper, grate some cheese on top, and cook to your preference.
- Transfer cooked omelet onto a plate and serve. Enjoy!
Highlands Gold Corned Beef with Sriracha Mayo Sandwich
If you want a quick snack that packs a punch of spice, then my recipe for Highlands Gold Corned Beef with Sriracha Mayo Sandwich is perfect for you. The spiciness of the Sriracha hot sauce blends well with the meaty goodness of Highlands Gold Corned Beef. This is now one of our top favorite sandwiches. 🙂
- 1 can Highlands Gold Corned Beef
- 3 pieces wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 2 pieces eggs
- 2 slices cheese
- 1 piece whole pickle (slice into two)
- Empty a can of Highlands Gold Corned Beef into a microwavable bowl. Heat corned beef for 2 minutes, then drain all the liquid to prevent your sandwich from becoming soggy.
- Make an omelet with the two eggs. Season to taste. Slice into two pieces.
- Toast your bread on a hot pan or in a bread toaster, if you have one.
- Mix mayonnaise and Sriracha hot sauce in a bowl, then spread evenly onto the three slices of bread.
- Assemble your sandwich by following this pattern from bottom to top: bread – sandwich spread – omelet – corned beef – cheese – sandwich spread – bread – sandwich spread – omelet – corned beef – cheese – sandwich spread – bread.
- Slice sandwich into two, then insert a toothpick through half a piece of pickle and use as a garnish. Enjoy!
Highlands Gold Corned Beef has raised the bar for canned corned beef by bringing restaurant quality Angus beef and the irresistible natural flavor of beef in a small and affordable can that we can all enjoy at home. We wouldn’t be surprised at all if this becomes a new kitchen staple in your home. 🙂
Latest posts by Ken Ignacio (see all)
- Tradisyon Restaurant: Pinoy Comfort Food at Azalea Baguio - December 3, 2017
- Highway Ribbery Grille: Haven of Criminally Delicious Comfort Food - June 6, 2017
- Contadina Easy Spaghetti with Meatballs Recipe - December 17, 2016