A few days before Christmas, we were surprised with these three boxes of delights from J.CO Donuts and Coffee. This popular donuts and coffee brand that has satisfied the tastebuds of foodies in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and China is finally here in the Philippines! And I can’t wait to show you what’s inside these boxes.
To give you a brief background on J.CO Donuts and Coffee, they opened their first store in Jakarta, Indonesia in 2005. Since then, they have opened over 100 branches across Malaysia, Singapore and just recently, in Shanghai, China. Our fellow Pinoy foodies who have travelled to these countries and got to taste of their premium donuts are for sure happy about this exciting news.
You might be thinking, oh, it’s another donut shop and cafe. We thought so too, not having the slightest idea of how good their donuts were. So, we were pleasantly surprised with what was revealed to us when we opened these boxes.
First are these almond-covered donuts they call Al Capone. These are J.CO’s best seller and their signature flavor.
The donut is covered with white Belgian chocolate and then topped quite generously with almond slivers. I’m not a fan of nuts on my food, but I’m starting to really get used to it. I mean, how can I not enjoy these donuts?
The donut itself is soft to the bite (all of them were!) and the crunch from the almonds gave them a very interesting texture. It was my first time to taste such a delectable piece of donut so I looked forward to trying out the rest of their flavors.
J.CO Donuts & Coffee prides itself on using the best ingredients you can find like Belgian chocolates, Californian almonds, American honey, New Zealand cheese, and Japanese Matcha Green Tea. No wonder their flavor selections left a pretty good mark on our tastebuds.
The two other boxes contained these:
I was like a kid in a candy store when I opened the boxes. The colors, the design, the excitement about finding out the flavors of each one of them just tickled my senses.
Seen on the photo above are the following:
- Strawberry and Chocolate Caviar donuts – The caviar (chocolate-flavored cereals) on top of the donuts are crispy and they made the luscious coating more interesting.
- Heaven Berry– This is Ken’s favorite, aside from Al Capone. He loved its fruity goodness that wasn’t overly sweet. And, yes, he enjoyed one of this all by himself. 😀
- Green Tease – I love green tea (I’m enjoying a cup of it while writing this 🙂 ) and so this was the first one I tried and it’s one of the two that I finished off all by myself (I was trying to limit myself and only got to try 2-3 bites from the other donuts). The matcha green tea flavors were distinctively mixed into the creamy topping. Ahhhh… it was so good! 🙂
- Tira Miss U – Lovely wordplay with the name, eh? This is the one beside Green Tease on the above photo. The creamy coating and the mocha flavors were a perfect combination.
- Coco Loco (chocolate topping with the white hearts near the top of the photo) – Two words that made me fall in love with this: dark chocolate.
- Black Jack (the chocolate covered donut in front) – This will surely satisfy the chocoholic in you. 🙂
- Choconutzy – Another favorite of Ken because of its peanut butter mixed in with chocolate flavors.
There were other flavors in there that I liked, particularly Why Nut (white topping with swirly chocolate toppings) because of its American peanut butter filing and premium white chocolate topping, which, according to their website, contains anti-oxidants that are known to prevent cancer and heart attacks.
The rest of the donuts, I didn’t get to taste because we decided to share them with friends. But, everyone of them raved about how unique each flavor was. For sure, they won’t be forgetting about the delightfulness of these donuts. 🙂
Some may ask how these donuts compare to the other known brands already here in the country. Being a donut aficionado, I can say that the variety of flavors J.CO offers are better because they didn’t overwhelm me with sweetness or too much of anything. I bet you’d agree with me once you get a taste of this.
J.CO Donuts and Coffee will be opening their flagship store along The Strip in SM Megamall on February 16March 15, 2012. They’ll be offering not only donuts, but also their widely popular coffee too and even yogurt. I can’t wait to visit their store when they finally open.
PROMO ALERT: Mark your calendars, foodies! On the opening day, they are giving away special treats to the FIRST 200 customers to come to their store when it opens at 9am. Trust me when I say you’d enjoy J.CO Donuts because of their wide variety of flavors and the right amount of sweetness on each one of them. Let us know what you think, eh? 🙂
J.CO Donuts & Coffee
Latest posts by Michelle Ignacio (see all)
- Julie’s Biscuits – Baked With Love, From Malaysia to the Philippines - October 23, 2016
- Club Paradise Resort – A Piece of Paradise in Coron, Palawan - May 29, 2016
- Chicken Curry with Carnation Evap : A Creamy New Tradition - December 31, 2015